Import car

If you are planning to (return to) the Netherlands soon and want to bring your car or motorcycle as part of your household goods, there are some important things you need to know and take care of.

On April 6, 2023, Van der Ent Group was honored with the distinction of Supplier to the Royal Household by the Commissioner of the King, Mr. Jaap Smit. Read more

Supplier to the Royal Household

Is the Relocation Exemption Applicable to You?

To be eligible for the relocation exemption for your car and/or motorcycle, you must meet several conditions. If you fail to meet these conditions, you won’t be entitled to this exemption.


1. You have lived abroad for a minimum of 12 months (as your primary residence).
2. The car has been in your possession for at least 6 months during your stay abroad.
3. The vehicle is part of your household goods.
4. Your vehicle is used for the same purpose both abroad and in the Netherlands.
5. The imported vehicle will not be sold, rented, or loaned for the first 12 months after your return to the Netherlands.

Do You Have a Car and/or Motorcycle to Be Imported?

You can potentially avoid high taxes such as BPM (Dutch vehicle tax), VAT, and import duties through a relocation exemption, or BPM exemption.

We Take Care of Your Car

If you meet all the requirements for importing your car and/or motorcycle as part of your relocation, there are still some specific steps you need to follow, depending on your destination country. The move coordinators at Van der Ent Group are here to assist you throughout the entire process, ensuring you don’t overpay in taxes. Whether it’s a complex BPM exemption application, an inspection, or a license plate request, we handle it all for you.

Are you moving soon?

Would you like to outsource this to Van der Ent Group?
Leave your details here and we will call you back.

Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.
What kind of move is this?
Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.